Monday 1 March 2010

A Balletic Performance...











" A BALLETIC PERFORMANCE…"

PHOTOGRAPHED BY BEN TOMS
STYLED BY KATIE SHILLINGFORD
MAKEUP BY ALEX BOX
HAIR BY GARETH VAN CUYLENBURG
MODEL: RANYA MORDANOVA

Katie Shillingford is one of my all time favourite stylists, she is everything I hope to be as a stylist myself and I hope one day I could work for her,
In this recent editorial from Dazed and Confused I love how she has used (as it says) Springs raw edges and powdery textures, I think the way the colour has been used is exquisite, I feel a real Edward Scissorhands vibe as if Ranya was the child between Edward and Kim.

My favourite details of the shoot are mainly the layering and mixes of textures like the leather and badages , loose knit from Gareth Pugh, sheer pink pieces paired with the amazing Burberry trousers and the tiny hint of a latex t-shirt by Topshop Unique with a Gaultier trench,a rose Lanvin dress and paper Margiela trousers.
 A perfect Burton-esque creepy romance story. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh I love this photoshoot! I meant to blog about this forever ago, an editorial where Ranya actually comes across as quite likeable!
    All the pictures are stunning xox

    ReplyDelete