Wednesday 29 February 2012

GILES AW12















Giles AW12. Well what can I say? I didn't see it in person, but I 
love it.

I have always liked his clear inspiration, very literal on the clothing, his inspiration this season arising from witches burning on the stake. I actually did branch laser cutting for my degree collection, but this is more beautiful than anything I could have designed or imagined. 

My favourite ever collection of Giles' was the AW09, oh those metallic shades and shapes and fur and cuts and hats and the loub boot collab! but I think after years of refinement this may be my favourite collection to date.

The prints are spectacular really, to get that singed effect whilst still looking elegant; genius. The use of colour is incredible as always, Giles is the only person for me who does silvers and greys perfectly.  More importantly the silhouettes of the clothing are always a delight, so feminine and beautiful.

I love Lindeys outfit- the silver branch laser cut with black tulle under, that's what I want to wear to the ballet! That or the last piece, gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment