Tuesday 21 August 2012

From Paris With Love

Welcome to the second instalment of mine and The Fashion Dad's Parisian adventure...





























Pour le peit déjeuner- a mini pastry selection in the local patisserie of course, although I still haven't figured out how to order the coffee I want en français.. maybe the French just don't do it right? Pictured is my cappu, heavy on the foam not so heavy on the actual coffee content, hmmmm, think I've developed an acute case of coffee snobbery.

Moving on, the old women in Paris really are effortlessly chic, I don't know if it's beacuase they all smoke, wear white and have perfectly blow-dryed silver bobs that uniforms them into eternal chicness..  all I know is I wanna be that chic.

After sweating most of our bodily fluid out cycling to Le Jardin des Tuileries, (worth the beautiful sight rest assured) we came across a bridge with hundreds of padlocks attached all along with lovers names scribbled on each one, it was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen and so heartwarming that that many people out there love each other.

In Le Jardin I pretty much just dipped my toes into a fountain then had to take shelter in some shade and nap on a chair! The heat was INTENSE.

The downside to everyone being on holiday in August was finding places to eat, but luckily with the help of a local- a lovely irish lady who helped us with our bikes as well as showing us some little gems, we were quite pleased with the delectable fish restaurant we had discovered.

So lobster is officially the best food on the planet. Seriously why i haven't had it before now is beyond me... Dad opted for the very fresh (fins 'n' all) sea bass.
And yes, I am wearing three different outfits in in one post- I did say it was HOT...

8 comments:

  1. I love that womans face in the second pic "BITCH PLEASE"

    I seriously need to try lobster that pic is just mouth wateringly good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep that lobster looks soooo good! and the freshly baked bread and cheese is to die for!

      Delete
  2. Your first time having lobster?! Welcome to the gang...isn't it the best?! Loving the pictures.

    Kate

    www.thrillofthechaise.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Lexxi you look like such a chic Parisienne in the street! I could totally see you living there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such beautiful photographs :)

    ENTER MY CLOTHES GIVEAWAY, YOU GET TO PICK ANY ITEM OF CLOTHING FROM MAX C WEBSITE!
    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.com/
    Andrea Antoniou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog and great pictures.
    www.thestyleshedblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your shots of paris - it feels like I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I took exactly the same shot of the padlocks in my recent Paris photo diary!
    http://www.thetrendfile.com/2012/09/le-louvre-champs-elysee.html

    Abbie

    ReplyDelete