Tuesday 10 April 2012

We Need To Talk About Kevin.



If you have not yet seen this. You must.



This isn't one to watch if you're looking for a light-hearted tale of happy endings and playful banter.

The story follows Eva (Tilda Swinton) as a mother trying against all odds, to hopelessly bring up Kevin (Ezra Miller), a clearly psychopathic child. The timeline flickers from past to present, unraveling the truth behind Eva’s eventual loneliness.

Through the trauma of her ill-fated predicament of life, you watch painfully and rather uncomfortably the tragedy bestowed upon her. Both Miller and Swinton are mesmerising to watch; their razor sharp cheekbones rival one another’s and their jet-black hair match inexplicably. The acting quality produced from all parties was compelling and ensured a nail biting thrill of a watch.

I’m not sure what I make of reading books after watching a film made of it, but in this case I am keen to pursue.







5 comments:

  1. I really want to see this but I'm scared that it's frightening/horrible in parts... Is it duck-safe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defo Duck friendly. It's tense, uncomfortable and thrilling but not scary or gory, that's what makes it so brilliant :)

      Delete
  2. Seen it.

    Why is he so hot and scary at the same time? Why does he remind me of Peaches Geldofs fiancé?

    What is this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So frickin HOT, I'm glad you though so too. I can't decide who I love more Tilda or Ezra, I mean even their names are on a par of coolness.

      Delete
  3. i have heard of it around but since you blog about it- I AM WATCHING IT VERY SOON

    xo
    theyoungbridgetjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete