Monday 4 July 2011

I Don't Speak German But I can If You Like ~ Helmut Newton














If sexual prowess could be photographed, Helmut Newton is the guy to do it. I adore his delectable images dripping with sex appeal, the feeling that there is always a masculine presence, whether it be a shadow, an androgynous edge or merely a man in shot is sexy, exciting and pleasurable. 
I enjoy the subtle male suggestion alongside the powerful female figures,
the voyeuristic fantasy can be entirely imagined, yet the photographs always ooze class and sophistication and never display a deep perversion. 
 Although the women dominate the pictures, Newton maintains a level of control from behind the lens, he really captures women in a beautiful way, with real strength in both mind and body whilst also displaying their fragility, I feel as if their thoughts could be stolen and kept prisoner, like a photograph freezes time and captures the moment and all emotion with it.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post! Cool blog too!!

    If you like photography, you should check out my blog. I'm a photographer from California.

    www.electricbrandon.com

    If you follow it, I'll follow yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexxsia,

    I am writing from StylistPick.com, an online accessories retailer, and would love to add you to our mailing list. If you could get in contact with an email address that I can reach you on that would be great.
    Many Thanks,

    leah@stylistpick.com

    ReplyDelete