Thursday 10 February 2011

Black Swan






















I know its only February, but I have to say that Black Swan is my favorite film of the year already. 

I have always loved everything about ballet; the romanticism, the dark stories, the beautiful costumes and dance, the powerful music- Tchaikovsky is a favourite, but because of Black Swan I have re-fallen in love with the art of it, so much so that I am starting classes from this evening! Also my wonderful boyfriend has got us tickets for Swan Lake at the London Coliseum for my Valentines present so I am very excited and looking forward to seeing that.
I loved everything about the film but I have to say that the costumes designed by Rodarte are simply exquisite, Rodarte are fast becoming my favourite designers and they really are a true inspiration, will be posting more soon...

I have written a review for Black Swan in Gorilla Film Magazine, to find your free copy go to the website to see a map of where issues can be found.

But what I will say about the film is this-

The film was painstakingly exhilarating, a beautifully intense dark thriller.

1 comment:

  1. I think I have to agree. I was suprised at how much I LOVED this film. Gave me a girl crush on Mila Kunis as well.

    ReplyDelete