Friday 5 March 2010

A F Vandevorst






Antwerp designers are fast becoming my most anticipated shows of the year and with Dries and now A F both ticking the boxes for me, I cant wait to see the others...

As for this collection, my favourite nude and black colour combo comes out in force, and a hint of a sumptuous wine red at the end is divine! 

All of the shapes are stunning and so easy to wear, and the styling on the whole is really interesting; cardboard type cutout pieces at the beginning, what looks like latex gloves or painted arms (not sure but looks great) and dusted chalk and writing on a few pieces.

Also the draped leather, chunky knit, trio belts and boots work really well for this great textured collection, and to complete- the hair and make up is perfectly simple and chic, rounding up as a definite favourite for me in Paris.
 

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. This collection seems reminiscent of the last autumn winter, the beautiful corseted armoured plates in that beautiful beige that A.F do so well.
    A perfect collection!

    ReplyDelete